Join Our Community
Special Needs Communities offers the official special needs certified guidelines for how to properly interact and engage with, as well as provide a great experience and environment for, people with a special need or disability. We translate these guidelines into the highest quality online training videos for healthcare professionals, first responders, business owners, employees, churches, cities and the general public. Once certified you are able to join our community and receive a premium business listing, SNC window decals, SNC web badge, access to a certification training portal for all your staff and much more.
Getting Certified is Simple.
Create your account
Simply enter your name, email address, and password to create your account.
Customizing your listing
Add information about your business, photos, features, and more.
Complete short online video lessons
Three short videos teach you about the population with special needs and how to provide a great experience and environment. Takes less than 20 minutes.
Train your entire organization
With an easy-to-use online certification portal, you can train your employees, volunteers, and interns by simply sharing a link. Everyone that completes the online training receives his/her own certificate of completion. Account owners are notified, and may view reports of everyone that has completed the certification.
Why Get Certified?
Over 56 million people have a special need in the U.S. today.
25% of the population has a special need, or know a close friend or relative who does.
The large and growing market of people with special needs has $220 billion in consumer spending. Since these individuals typically go out with one or more other adults, the economic impact is actually double.
56% of families with special needs will not visit a city, business, or organization that is untrained on how to interact and accommodate them.Get Started
SNC Certification Online Curriculum
Get Certified in 3 Lessons
Understanding the Population with Special Needs
Engaging Individuals with Special Needs
Providing A Great Environment & Experience
In "Understanding the Population with Special Needs", you will:
- Learn about the population with special needs and disabilities, as well as the amount of families who are connected to someone with a special need or disability.
- Understand why someone with a special need might jump up and down, wear headphones, or make noises.
- Recognize the difference between a meltdown and a tantrum, and how you can provide assistance if you witness a meltdown.
- And more
In "Engaging Individuals with Special Needs", you will:
- Learn how to properly communicate with someone who has a special need or disability, is non-verbal, deaf, blind, or uses a wheel chair.
- Understand the proper terminology when speaking with, or about, someone who has a special need or disability.
- Recognize the appropriate questions to ask, and not to ask, when interacting with someone with a special need or disability.
- And more
In "Providing a Great Environment & Experience", you will:
- Learn to identify the different areas and layout of your environment, and why it is important to do so.
- Understand what it means to be sensory sensitive, how to properly interact with a service animal, and ways you may consider communicating with someone who is blind or deaf.
- Recognize when it is acceptable to offer assistance to someone with a special need or disability, and the important things you can do in order to provide a great experience.
- And more
Your listing displays on the SNC site when people search your area.
Be found on smartphones, tablets, and other mobile devices.
Add descriptions, features, operating hours, and more.
Become educated about the largest group in our population today.
Affordable Plans For Every Business Type
Enterprise businesses with more than 500 employees, please contact us for pricing.